I always get so happy when someone nominates me for a blog. It makes me feel good that other people think of us when they’re trying to nominate. So first, before I move into the nomination, I want to thank both Valerie from Valerie’s Musing, and Michelle from Sherbet Lemon Reviews for thinking of me! (You all should go and check out their blogs!)
This is actually my fourth Sunshine Blogger Award. It’s the one I’ve been nominated for most, and it feels good that when people think of Sunshine they think of Birdie Bookworm. That’s wonderful.
- Thank the person/persons that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award.
1. Not all of you are book bloggers, so please tell us what your blog is about and why you chose to blog about that.
I actually am a book blogger, and it’s pretty much about all the books. I didn’t really choose this, there weren’t really a lot of options for me. Books are my passion. Reading is my passion. Reading makes me who I am.
2. If you had to choose just one book to read for the rest of your life, not including holy texts or Shakespeare, what would you choose?
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. I would mourn all of my favorite books and think of them frequently. However, I can’t live without Outlander.
3. Where is your favorite place to write your blog? At home? In a coffee shop or park? Why?
I don’t really have a favorite place. However, I do tend to write them sitting in my favorite spot of the couch. Or at work, but that’s not by choice.
4. If you could spend one day with anyone, realistic or fictional, who would you want to spend your day with and why?
My Grandpa. For the first 8 years of my life my mom was a single mother. My mom had boyfriends, but nobody steady in her life. My Grandpa was my permanent paternal figure. We were very close. I’d love to have a day with him, and to bring my daughter so she can meet him.
5. What hobbies do you have outside of blogging?
This question always makes me feel lame, because I actually don’t have any. When I was younger I would bead, and color, but these days with work and being mom and wife, I really only have extra time to read.
6. Do you like to travel? If so, where is the one place that you really want to go and haven’t been yet? If you don’t, why don’t you?
I do love to travel, though I haven’t had the opportunity to go many places. My dream has always been to visit Scotland. It goes along with my love of Outlander.
7. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live and why?
It would have to be either a nice average size house on a lake. Or a house in the country with a pond. I’d love land, and less people.
8. What fictional world (book, tv show, movie universe, etc.) would you like to live in the most and why?
I still think I’d choose The Wizarding World more than any other place. I love the grand scope of the entire world.
9. Who has been the one person outside of your family who has had the greatest impact on your life?
Oh, this is a really hard question. I don’t think I can answer this. Everyone that I think of is part of my family. I have to bow out of this question.
10. Which song or songs (you may pick up to 3) have had the most influence on your life? Why?
Man, these are Killer! Um, how about Daydream Believer by The Monkees. Or, Bobby by Reba McEntire.
11. If you were given $100 to spend on something you wanted but didn’t need, what would you spend it on and why? Try to be specific. If you’d buy books, which books.
There are some of my favorite series that I own in print, but some of them are paperback and some are hardcover. I would buy the paperback books in hardcover.
1. Have you ever lived overseas / do you want to live overseas / would you ever consider living overseas? Details please. (Where would you go? What would you want your situation to be like? OR Where did you go?)
I’ve daydreamed about living overseas. It would be hard these days, but in my daydream I’d have that land in a nice cottage in Scotland.
2. What is your favourite children’s movie?
Oh, so many! The Sandlot, such a classic. The Princess Bride! The Neverending Story. The Labyrinth. I could go on and on.
3. What do you enjoy doing a ton?
Does reading count? How about, I love going to the movies. I wish I had a fund that was only for seeing all the movies I want to see.
4. What is your job?
I work customer service/accounts manager in a publishing fulfillment center. Basically we store books for publishers and ship them to places like Barnes & Noble and Amazon.
5. What is your ultimate goal or dream?
Ready for cheesy? My ultimate goal is to raise my daughter to adulthood, watch her become someone brilliant and amazing. It’s as simple as that.
6. What is your favourite food?
Mexican!! I love Mexican food. I would eat it every single day.
7. What 5 “want” items would you bring with you on a deserted island? (assume that you had everything you needed, and that there was no way off of said island)
Books, unlimited WiFi, Computer, my phone, my family. (I don’t care if it’s a cheat.)
8. If you could visit any country that you haven’t been to before, where would you go and why?
Scotland. Always Scotland.
9. What kind of animal is your favourite?
Parrots! I think that’s another obvious answer, so a non-obvious answer would be horses. I went through the normal teen horse craze, but for me it never ended. My house is still decorated with horses all over.
10. What is at least one of your favourite characters? (and name what tv show, movie or book they hail from)
Cinder from Lunar Chronicles. I’m not going to get into why, because I don’t like to accidentally upset people.
11. What is at least one of your favourite ships? (and name what tv show, movie or book they hail from)
Oliver and Felicity from Arrow. I could name a ton more, but I just finished the recent season and they’re the most on my mind.
So, I hope this doesn’t upset anyone but I’m not going to nominate anyone this round. I don’t think I have another 11 questions in my head to pass on.
Thank you again for nominating me!