Thank you so much to Lois and David for nominating me for the Blogger Recognition Award! I love awards because it means that someone else has enjoyed Birdie Bookworm. That makes me so happy!
Take a moment to stop by and enjoy their blog. They make a great team!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated and provide the link to the post you created.
The birth of Birdie Bookworm
It takes me a long time to try something new, so it took me about 3 years to finally attempt to blog at all. It was 6 years before I decided to do it on my own. First, I got my feet wet on Goodreads, figuring out how I should write my reviews and working on a flow that feels comfortable. Then a friend asked if I wanted to become a co-blogger on her blog. I spent about 3 years there learning the ins and outs of blogging. When I felt ready, I started working on Birdie Bookworm, going live in July. Six years to get up the gumption.
Advice for new Bloggers
1. Don’t let yourself feel stress. Blogging is supposed to be fun first. If you can only post once a week, but you’re proud of that post, then only post once. This isn’t a race, it’s about creating a space for yourself and enjoying it. If you get stressed, you’re completely missing the point of blogging.
2. Embrace the graphics! I will read a blog that doesn’t contain pictures, but I definitely gravitate more toward blog posts that are decorated. There’s something that draws the eye when there’s something to break up the paragraphs. I’m not talking about gifs either, because too many of those makes my eyeballs tremble. I mean just a well placed pretty picture.
I am going to break the rule with this one just a little bit. I’m only going to nominate 5 blogs. I just think a nomination of 15 blogs is too many.
If you’ve already been tagged, let me know where! I’d love to read what you wrote.