My first beat the backlist is under my belt, and honest I think I could have done much better.
Of my planned reads, I only managed 6 books. That is such a wimpy score! Thankfully my list doesn’t look too bad, because I fluffed it up with surprise choices from my backlist. Some of them were even my favorites!
So, here’s my final tally. As wimpy as it is, I’m still kind of proud.
Challenge To Read List
CHALLENGE TO READ LIST – 6 Read
- Blood Vow by JR Ward
The Queen & The Homo Jock King by TK Klune
- Feedback by Mira Grant
- Sweep in Peace by Ilona Andrews
- Steadfast by Sarina Bowen
Fever Pitch by Heidi Cullinan All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven
- The Way of the Shadows by Brent Weeks
- Complementary Colors by Adrienne Wilder
- Shades of Twilight by Lauren Howard
Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews
- This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E Smith
- Turn Coat by Jim Butcher
- Wolves of the Calla by Stephen King
- We are the Ants by Shaun David Hutchinson
- I’ll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson
- The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
- The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
- The Martian by Andy Weir
- Falling Kingdom by Morgan Rhodes
- Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman
- Heartless by Marissa Meyer
The Start of Me and You by Emery Lord
- Kids of Appetite by David Arnold
More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
Unplanned – 16 Read
The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic The Raven King by Nora Sakavic The King’s Men by Nora Sakavic A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab A Gathering of Shadows by VE Schwab God-Shaped Hole by Tiffanie DeBartolo Rolling in the Deep by Mira Grant This Savage Song by Victoria Schwab Evenfall by Santino Hassell To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han PS I Still Love You by Jenny Han Into This River I Drown by TJ Klune Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo Nevernight by Jay Kristoff
Even though you didn’t read a lot from your planned TBR, you still read a lot of backlist books, so that’s great!
Yeah, I think so too. Its hard to stick to a planned list, because your mood changes.
It’s so hard to stick to a yearly tbr under any circumstances, because unplanned books come up. But when you are a mood reader, it’s even harder! You did a great job reading from your back list, even if they weren’t the ones you planned. I’m sorry you missed out on Complementary Colors, though. Great read.
Thanks for sharing your results!
I do still really want to read that one! It looks very good!
I did the same thing! I read books that weren’t on my TBR list for the challenge but they weren’t published in 2017 lol. I’m even starting to do it now
I think it’s so much easier that way!!
LikeLiked by 1 person