A big thank you to Lois and David for nominating me for the Mystery Blogger Award. I really appreciate them thinking of my blog when they were coming up with the people they find mysterious. 😀
Please take the time to visit their blog and show them some love.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well (Okoto Enigma @ Okoto Enigma’s Blog)
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Birdie:
1) We recently brought another feathered angel into our lives. She’s my daughter’s new baby, but we all love her. She’s a Green Cheek Conure, Cinnamon mutation, and Baby Chick named her Pickett after the Bowtruckle from Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Do you see the resemblance?
2) I hope I didn’t say this one in a previous post, but I got to see the Monkees live. It was my very first concert ever. And it actually wasn’t the Monkees. It was more like, the Monk because the only two there were Davy Jones and Mickey Dolenz. So, it was half of the group. BUT, it was the half me and my sister cared about in elementary school so it worked out. We were obsessed as kids. They were our first music crushes…. until we discovered New Kids on the Block. (They were way before our time. They were old men when we saw them, haha.)
3) I once gave myself a concussion while leaping onto the back of my horse from atop an elephant. Except the elephant was plastic, the horse was imaginary, and I smashed my head into our basement ceiling. This is a true story. My mother ran home daycare and she had an elephant slide for the kids. We were playing imaginary horses, I was 12 they were 6 but whatever, and when I made the magnificent leap I smashed my head between the rafters of the ceiling and had to be rushed to the hospital. Beware the dangers of the evil Little Tike:
My favorite Birdie Bookworm Post:
I think it’s mostly because I love the trophy that my sister designed for Birdie Bookworm.
Questions from Lois and David:
Q – If you could only take one book with you onto a dessert island, what would it be and why?
A – Outlander. This will always be my answer. I’ve read it a million times. I would reread it a million more. Me and Outlander are like soul twins. If I were a fictional story about time travel featuring one super sexy Scottish highlander, that is.
Q – If you could get everyone in the world to read one book, what would it be and why?
A – Only one… eek, so much pressure! Probably Jellicoe Road. It’s beautiful, and not known well enough around these parts. The US really needs to embrace Melina Marchetta.
Q – What book would you get President Donald Trump to read?
A – Man, can I cheat and say I would give him my entire ‘should be required reading’ Goodreads shelf? That shelf has all the books that I think make one a more compassionate human being. If I had to pick one, maybe The Radius of Us, since it’s about Immigration.
Though I don’t think it’ll do much good. I truly believe he has sociopathic tendencies and I’m not sure a book would even penetrate.
Q – What do you think the purpose of books should be in today’s society?
A – I don’t think books should serve one particular purpose. I think they should serve many. They help us learn how to relate to someone else’s life, no matter how different it is from our own. They also help build our imagination, which is invaluable. They also each us language and expand our vocabulary. I’m a firm believer that everyone should have to read at least one book a year.
Random Question: What is your dream job and why?
A – My dream job has always been to write my own novel. I would love to be a successful published author. I’m an introvert, and I don’t much like the limelight. That’s why I think being an author would be the best kind of celebrity. Not only do you create something fabulous, but you also get to do it from the comfort of your home. That’s living the dream.
Nominations & New Questions:
Questions from Birdie:
- If you had to read only one author for the rest of your life, who would it be and why?
- Name one book that imprinted on your soul, and tell us why.
- Where’s the most exciting place you’ve ever been?
- What is the best recommendation you’ve ever received?
- Name your favorite fictional character, what Hogwarts House would they be in and why?
Okay, before we get to this list, lets discuss a few things. First, just because I named you hear doesn’t mean I think you’re obligated to respond. If you don’t do awards/tags, or your tired of awards/tags, you won’t hurt my feelings if you don’t respond.
Also, I did try to check all of your pages to see if you were already nominated, but not everyone has a search bar or a way for me to figure that it. SO, if any of you have already accepted your nomination from someone else, please don’t feel like you need to do it again. It can easily feel overwhelming, or at least I think it can. I would love to come read your original post, so drop me a link and I’ll check it out.
Meghan’s Whimsical Explorations & Reviews
The Ultimate Book Geek
Diana Prince Reviews
The Brunette Bookworm Blog
Paws and Paperbacks
Devouring Books and Lattes
Kee the Reader
Momma Blogs A Lot
Thanks again to Lois and David for thinking of me, and I enjoyed this Award the most. I think that’s because there were so many different layers to it. 🙂
Don’t forget to click on their link and check them out.
Great post! Thanks for the nomination 🙂 xx
I love your answers! I’m glad you enjoyed doing this! I have just scheduled the book personality challenge to post later today 🙂
YAY! I can’t wait to read yours. 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thai was delightful! I especially loved the plastic elephant story haha.
LOL!! Thanks. 😀
LikeLiked by 1 person
Aww thanks for the nomination!
You’re welcome. 🙂
Oh no that story about your concussion was kinda funny. (I’m sorry I laughed) but your imagination is amazing! Your new birdie is adorable & i think that’s the perfect name!
Also thank you for tagging me! I haven’t done this tag yet! 🙂
My imagination is painful! 🙂
You’re welcome, can’t wait to read it.
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] doing the Mystery Blogger Award. I was tagged by both Lois and David @Lois Reads Books, and Birdie @Birdie Bookworm. Thank you both so much for tagging me, I’m excited to get started so let’s dive […]