Wow, this tag actually makes me nervous. I’m not sure I know exactly what a romance ‘fail’ is. Is that a romance that doesn’t work out? Or one that does, despite how unbelievable it is? I tried googling it, but there was nothing concrete so I guess I’m going to wing it. I’ll include a little of both. I hope I get this right!
Thank you, Kate for tagging me in it. I promise to do my best! All of you should go check out her blog Melting Pot and other Calamities, it’s pretty amazing.
Just a heads up, everything that I mention below is probably considered a spoiler. So, there’s that. Read at your own risk!
- Please pingback Kate @ Melting Pots and Other Calamities. Please pingback a specific post, so that she’ll get notification.
- You can choose ten romance fails from any media you like: books, movies, anime, manga, T.V shows, or Webtoons. You can even mix them up if you want.
- You can choose funny fails or serious ones; for the serious ones, please phrase it humorously. Remember, this is a fun tag! It’s not meant to be serious.
- Mention who’s who in the fails. (I.E, who fails and who is the recipient of the failure). If there isn’t recipient, per se, just state the couple (or non-couple).
- Optional: Rank the failures from least extreme to most extreme.
- 5 failures at LEAST.
- Tag as many people as you want, but at least one person.
Throne of Glass – Celaena and Chaol
Girl and boy become friends, care for each other, then slowly fall in love. Then girl blames boy for something that was not his fault, tries to kill him, and then hates him forever!
Oh, I’m sorry, was that supposed to be funny? Oops!
Twilight – Edward and Bella
Dead boy falls in love with human girl, treats her as though she is something he can control under the guise of keeping her ‘safe’, then eventually kills her so they can be dead together forever.
I don’t know why anyone thought this was a good idea.
The Sherbrooke Bride – Alexandra and Douglas
Earl sets out to marry most beautiful girl in the realm, only to find himself unknowingly married to her little sister. He then proceeds to treat her like crap by repeatedly insulting her, until he eventually falls in love with her.
Oddly, I love this book. Somehow everything worked out in the end.
Parasitology – Sal and Nathan
Boy and Girl have been dating for a while, then they find out that girl isn’t actually human. She’s a tapeworm living in the brain of a dead body and driving it like a car. They proceed to continue their sexual relationship.
YUCK! As good as this story was, I can’t get past Sal being a WORM!
Hard Time – Annie and Eric
Girl gets a job working in a prison, where she catches the eye of sexy inmate. They proceed to send secret notes back and forth, beginning an illicit and illegal affair while he’s locked up.
Despite that insane plot, this is still one of my all time fav romances!