I love this community. I truly think it’s one of the most welcoming online group I’ve ever joined. The idea that another blogger read the words ‘bloggers who write for everyone and makes an impact’ and thought of me means a lot. Jazz, thank you so much for nominating me for the Black Cat, Blue Sea Award. You’re one of my favorite bloggers, and I always look forward to chatting with you.
Readers, please pop over and visit her at I Swoon Over Fictional Men. She is definitely a blogger who writes for everyone.
What is this Award?
This award is for bloggers who strive to write for everybody, and no matter how many viewers they get, make an impact on a reader. This award is an expression of gratitude to the nominee. It should be awarded to anybody that you choose deserves it, and it doesn’t mean that they must have hundreds of followers and likes.
- anybody nominated can nominate up to eight other bloggers
- the nominee answers three questions posed by the nominator
- the questions you ask while nominating can be any three questions
- if any of the questions asked are offensive or the nominee simply does not want to answer, the nominee does not have to answer them to earn the award
Jazz Question’s Birdie!
1. What’s the most inspiring quote you’ve ever read in a fictional book and why do you find it inspiring?
This was really really hard. There were a few I thought of at first, but I thought they were only inspiring if you’d read the book. In the end I decided to go with my all time favorite quote from Outlander, which probably isn’t too surprising. It’s romantic, but it’s also… what I think love should be.
“When the day shall come that we do part,” he said softly, and turned to look at me, “if my last words are not ‘I love you’-ye’ll ken it was because I didna have time.”
2. What’s your favourite reading beverage? Hot cocoa? Tea? Coffee?
D, none of the above.
I guess, an Iced Tea. I love sweet tea. Or, lately I’ve just been into having an ice cold water with me. I do like coffee, hot tea, and cocoa but not really when I’m reading. Tea is only when I’m sick, coffee is only in the morning, and cocoa is for special occasions.
3. The apocalypse is nigh and you get to choose five fictional characters to be a part of your survival team…who do you choose and, most importantly, why?
Kaz Brekker, because he’s probably one of the most wily characters I’ve ever read. In fact, I’m so confident in his abilities I’d let him be leader. Delilah Bard… man, wouldn’t you like to see Kaz and Delilah working together? Delilah, because she’s bold, fearless, and adept. Han Alister. No matter what personality Han is wearing, he takes charge. He’s a natural survivor, and he’s got a good heart so I could trust him to take care of me (and people). Mia Corvere, because ‘deadly assassin’ and master of shadows. Kate Daniels. I mean, basically that’s how she learned how to be as badass as she is, by living on her own, in the wilderness where it was fight or die.
I think with these 5 around me, I stand a pretty decent chance.
My Questions for You!
- Think of your least favorite book trope, the one that drives you the most insane, now which book is the exception to that rule? In which book did you like that trope, and why?
- If you could uncreate one invention that used today, which one would it be and why?
- Let’s pretend you won the lottery. You win more money than you can dream of, what’s the first thing you do?