– Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write then 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog. (I already had a Sunshine Blogger image, so I used both the one I had and Little Miss Sunshine. I think it makes me and Not-So-Modern girl NOT rule breakers!)
1. What is your favourite season and why?
Spring! I know most people say fall, and it’s true fall is beautiful with all the trees changing colors -at least here in Michigan-, but for me there’s nothing prettier than Spring. All the flowers start blooming, you can feel the cold weather drifting away, the dandelions are coming in… there’s nothing that makes me happier than a yard full of yellow dandelions. They’re the symbol for the end of winter.
2. What is your favourite book at the moment and why do you love it so much?
I know I’ve mentioned this before but PsyCop is one of the best UF series I’ve ever read. It’s far more unique than the more popular UF series out there and it’s partially to do with the tone of Vic Bayne’s voice. The fact that people either love him, or can’t stand him, is a testament to how realistically he is written. (in my opinion.)
I just ‘reread’ the entire series on audio and fell in love all over again. Gomez Pugh nails every single voice in the entire series. I’m trying to move on to a new audio, but all I want to do is start PsyCop over again from the beginning.
3. What is your favourite TV programme at the moment?
I’ve recently started watching This is Us, and it’s excellent. I think I’d say it’s my favorite television show, currently. I also started No Tomorrow, and that’s actually really cute too. Those are the two I look forward to the most right now.
4. If you were stranded on a desert island, which book would you want to be with you?
This makes me sad, being stuck on an island with only one book. What a destitute thing you’re making me think about. After crying and lamenting my lack of new reading material, I’d probably pick Outlander. I have other favorites but I think I could maybe survive until help arrived if I had Jamie Fraser by my side.
5. Have you ever read a book that made you cry? What was it?
Loads and loads of them. I’m an easy crier. The author says, “Hey you, reader, you cry right now” and I’m sobbing into my hands. Rather than name all the books I’ve already mentioned lets make this easy on the both of us. The last book I read that made me cry was Crooked Kingdom, and I finished it on Oct 20th. I’m due for another good cry any day now.
6. Which book character would you love to be for a day?
I recently answered this with the perverted side of my brain. I’m changing it up this time. I would love to be Harry Potter and go to Hogwarts for just one day. That sounds about perfect.
7. What is your ultimate literary couple?
Jamie and Claire have a level of respect early on, before ‘love’ sets in. So, to say their relationship has all the cornerstones of a GOOD strong relationship would be an understatement. They are everything to each other, but not in an unhealthy way. It’s a relationship we strive for.
Laurent and Damen had a faaaar bumpier road, but the end justifies everything they go through. They were the first couple to rival Jamie and Claire for my number 1 spot.
8. What books did you read this October and how would you rate them?
These are the books I read in October, and in the order I liked them.
Tell the Truth, Shame the Devil – 5 stars
Crooked Kingdom – 5 stars
Murmuration – 4.5 stars
Mosquitoland – 4.5 stars
Split – 4 stars
The Romantics – 3.5 stars
The Girl with All the Gifts – 3 stars
Friendly Fire – 2.5 stars
Junior Hero Blues – 2 stars
9. What’s your favourite foreign film?
I don’t have one. Not any I’m aware of as being foreign. I read a lot of diverse books, but I don’t watch a lot of diverse movies. I should rectify that.
10. Are there any books you’ve started and not been able to finish?
Very few. I try to finish everything I start, since I’m always hopeful if I push through it will be worth it in the end. It’s actually paid off too, which is probably why my abandoned shelf is so small.
11. What song do you listen to on repeat?
It changes with my mood, or my daughters. There isn’t one song in particular, it changes with what we’re enjoying in the moment. However, I will listen to my Twenty One Pilots playlist on repeat. I will, and I have, and I’ll be doing so for a long time to come I’m pretty sure.
- Who’s your favorite superhero?
- Date/Marry/Kill – Zombie, Werewolf, or Vampire
- What is your favorite childhood picture book?
- Name one author you find attractive.
- What was your first job?
- What is your dream job?
- What historical decade is your favorite?
- Tell us about one reoccurring dream you have.
- Do you have a bucket list?
- Is there a book you love that would surprise us?
- What is your favorite kind of music?
- Kate’s Bookish Library
- Meghan’s Whimsical Explorations and Reviews
- Genie Reads
I know I didn’t nominate eleven, but 11 is a lot to come up with. I did hit eleven my first time around, so I guess I actually am a rule breaker because I’m stopping at 5.
If any of you lovely blogs have already done the Sunshine Blogger Award and you’re not interested in going another round, please send me a link so I can check your award out.